Shielded while banned

Free to talk about the GC game.
DrDoom

Shielded while banned

Postby DrDoom » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:04 am

Given that I was banned for no valid reason, am I going to be shielded. You banning me for using the n word is racist in of itself. In the African American community nigga is a term of endearment. You guys need to be accepting of other cultures and languages. There are more cultures than just what you guys experience in china. Please be accepting of African American language and culture.
DrDoom

Re: Shielded while banned

Postby DrDoom » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:16 am

The racism displayed here is absolutely disgusting.
JustNeo

Postby JustNeo » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:05 pm

Racism is tricky to judge since what might be offensive to one person may not be offensive to the other. It depends are their personal experiences with the word itself. On Carina the Russians call English speaking players homosexuals all the time. To me, that's just water off a duck's back, but to others, they may take it as a personal attack. It does say in the chat rules that racial comments are not allowed, so using terms that can be interpreted differently by different people just presents them an opportunity to judge/report you whether they are offended or not. This is why I personally use safe nomenclature in the game. Is it political correctness exerting itself? Yes. Is it always fair? No. You can express yourself in any manner you choose, but just keep in mind that there is always a risk for someone to exploit it one way or another.

Chat Rules from Game
  1. You are responsible for chat posts originating from your account
  2. Respect others at all times. Trolling is not allowed on chat. Arguments should be kept off of world chat and handled through the mail system.
  3. No content about racism, threatenting, instulting. sex, illegal drug, alcohol, politics, religion, mocking countries and other views; discussions in world chat about these subjects are inappropriate.
  4. No swearing, cursing, cheating others to gain their game info, sharing cords, discussing or sharing game exploits or cheats that modify intended gameplay.
~ JustNeo, Carina Server
DrDoom

Postby DrDoom » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:42 pm

Havin chat rules is stupid in of itself given that we can block people. Certain were harassing me on world chat so instead of reporting them, I just blocked them.

Return to “Game General Discussion”